GARTH BROOKS COMES OUT OF RETIREMENT
ANNOUNCES DEAL WITH WYNN AT THE ENCORE THEATER
LAS VEGAS, October 15, 2009 /PRNewswire/ — Steve Wynn celebrates a relationship with Garth Brooks to present a series of special engagements at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas. Concerts begin December 11, 2009.
The Chairman of the Board and CEO of Wynn Resorts describes the first time he saw Brooks perform for friends: “Everything about Garth’s performances—his artistry, the range of his voice and connection with his audience—is something that I haven’t seen since the Rat Pack. In show business, for a single performer to lift an entire audience emotionally to the point where they pray it doesn’t end, is an extraordinary and unique thing that only a few gifted people can do. But that is what I experienced when I saw Garth on stage, alone with his guitar, doing a history of his personal journey in music. I watched a man create instant love in real time, right before my eyes. Now we have the privilege at Wynn and Encore in Las Vegas to share this extraordinary, intimate experience with everyone,” says Wynn.
“Steve Wynn has done what I thought was impossible. He has given me a chance to sing again for the people, while at the same time never missing a day with my children,” says Brooks. "I am naturally nervous, but it feels good to be out from under the low ceiling of ‘retirement’ I put on myself."
TICKETS ON SALE SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24 AT 8 A.M. PT
Steve Wynn and Garth Brooks announced today that Brooks will perform in the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas for a series of special engagements. Tickets go on sale Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 8 a.m. sharp PT (9 a.m. MT, 10 a.m. CT and 11 a.m. ET).
Tickets are $125 plus a $5 service charge and a $13 tax to equal a total of $143.
Confirmed Concert Dates:
December 11, 12, 13
January 1, 2, 3 and 22, 23, 24
February 12, 13, 14 and 26, 27, 28
Friday 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
Sunday 8 p.m.
Tickets may be booked by calling 702.770.7469 or online at wynnlasvegas.com/boxoffice. Tickets are not available for purchase in-person at the Wynn Las Vegas box office on October 24. For more information, please visit wynnlasvegas.com and/or garthbrooks.com.
Specific procedures have been put in place in an effort to ensure that the tickets for concerts are accessible to fans at face value and through authorized sales channels exclusively.
Ticketing Rules and Regulations:
- Limit 6 concert tickets per order or per person or per credit card. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Wynn Las Vegas, LLC at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. No exceptions.
- Tickets will be available for pick-up at Will Call at Wynn Las Vegas after 12 p.m. PT on the day of the concert upon presentation of valid photo I.D., confirmation number and actual credit card used for payment. Under no circumstance will tickets be distributed in advance.
- Ticket holders must enter the Encore Theater with their entire party. Wynn reserves the right to request valid I.D. of the ticket holder prior to entry into the Encore Theater at show time. The person who purchased the ticket(s) must be a member of the party entering the theater.
- All ticket sales are final and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tickets must be picked up no later than one-hour prior to show time or will be subject to cancellation with no refund.
- To guarantee your seat location, please arrive to be seated no later than 15 minutes prior to concert start time on ticket. Arrivals after this time will be seated at management’s discretion.
- The age limit for concerts is five years or older; anyone under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Concert dates, times and prices are subject to change without notice. Wynn Resorts LLC will not be held legally responsible for any consequential or incidental damages relating to show cancellation or change including transportation and hotel. Customers accept all customary risks associated with live entertainment.
- Cellular phones, cameras, flash photography and audio/video recording devices are not permitted inside the theater.
About Garth Brooks
Certified by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) as the #1 selling solo artist in U.S. history, Garth Brooks has sold in excess of 128 million albums. He is the only solo artist in RIAA history to have six albums top the 10 million mark. His most recent release, The Ultimate Hits, has been certified five times platinum. Garth became the first artist to put out a simultaneous edition of his latest collection for a charitable cause. November 6, 2007 saw the launch of the pink edition of The Ultimate Hits available only at the Susan G. Komen Web site. His body of work--including the groundbreaking No Fences, Ropin’ The Wind, The Hits, and Double Live--propelled country music as a genre to the front pages of newspapers worldwide and the covers of magazines, to the point where Forbes declared on its cover, “Country Conquers Rock,” and featured Garth in a major music piece. According to RIAA, Garth is the top-selling solo artist of the 20th century.
The key to his record-setting success lies within the personality and talent of Garth Brooks. It has been said that through the 1990s, Garth’s only real competition was himself. He brought daring individualism and a love of music to the table. His wide range encompasses a variety of styles which include working class blues, honky tonk, bluegrass and arena rock. His easy-going, approachable charisma was matched only by his fearless willingness to take chances and step outside the lines. He has had an unprecedented run so far, and opened the doors for many more country artists to follow.
Garth has received every accolade the recording industry can bestow on an artist, including, two Grammys, 17 American Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association Awards, 18 Academy of Country Music Awards, five World Music Awards, 12 People’s Choice Awards and 36 Billboard Music Awards. He was named Artist of the ‘90s at the 1997 Blockbuster Entertainment Awards, received the Artist Achievement Award at the 1997 Billboard Music Awards and was named Artist of the Decade at the American Music Awards in 2000 and the Academy of Country Music Awards in 1999.
In the midst of one of the most successful careers in music history, Garth retired in 2001, delivered his last record for Capitol Records and moved back to Oklahoma to raise his children. While in retirement, when called upon by events greater than his own self-interest, he returned to the stage. The latest of these was when the President himself requested that Garth headline President Obama's Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial. He performed as Barack and Michelle Obama, their girls, Joe and Jill Biden and a crowd of over 300,000 lined the mall from the Lincoln Memorial all the way to the Washington Monument. It was a moment in history when all did the "wave" to Garth's performance of "Shout," while the President sang along. Once again, Garth was called upon by the NBC network to perform for President Obama’s very first late night TV appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. When the Governor of California asked for Garth's help, he responded by performing five concerts in two days, where proceeds from 83,000 tickets sold were donated to efforts to prevent fire catastrophes. Portions of the live concerts were shown as a TV special titled, "Garth Brooks: Live in L.A,” where viewers donated to the organization Fire Intervention Relief Effort (FIRE).
About Wynn Resorts
Wynn Resorts, Limited is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol WYNN and is part of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ-100 Indexes. Wynn Resorts owns and operates Wynn Las Vegas (wynnlasvegas.com), Encore (www.encorelasvegas.com) and Wynn Macau (www.wynnmacau.com). Wynn Las Vegas, a luxury hotel and destination casino resort located on the Las Vegas Strip features 2,716 luxurious guest rooms and suites, an approximately 111,000 square foot casino, 22 food and beverage outlets, an on-site 18-hole golf course, approximately 223,000 square feet of meeting space, an on-site Ferrari and Maserati dealership, and approximately 74,000 square feet of retail space.
Encore, the new signature resort in the Wynn collection, opened December 22, 2008. Encore is located immediately adjacent to Wynn Las Vegas and features 2,034 suites, approximately 72,000 square foot casino, 12 food and beverage outlets, a night club, a spa and salon, approximately 60,000 square feet of meeting space and approximately 27,000 square feet of upscale retail outlets.
Wynn Macau is a destination casino resort in the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China and currently features 600 deluxe hotel rooms and suites, approximately 205,000 square foot casino, casual and fine dining in five restaurants, approximately 46,000 square feet of retail space, a health club, pool and spa, along with lounges and meeting facilities.