TRUGREEN GOES GREENER WITH MORE TARGETED, ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE LAWN CARE OPTIONS
HELPING HOMEOWNERS TAKE BETTER CARE OF THEIR LAWN SQUARE
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - March 19, 2009 /PRNewswire/ — As Americans spend more time enjoying their lawns, research shows they're looking for environmentally responsible ways to care for their little square of the Earth*. TruGreen, the world's largest lawn care services provider, is going greener today with its debut of Targeted Lawn CareSM (TLC) to address customers' specific lawn care needs.
TruGreen's Go greenerSM advanced line-up, being piloted this spring in 38 markets, includes:
- Targeted Lawn Care: TruGreen's overall commitment to service excellence that includes a customized lawn inspection at every application with new, proprietary technology that controls weeds only when and where needed
- TruPerformanceSM: A highly effective fertilizer with Targeted Lawn Care weed control
- TruBlendSM: A blend of 100 percent natural, organic fertilizer and traditional fertilizer with Targeted Lawn Care weed control
- TruNaturalSM: A 100 percent natural, organic fertilizer
In addition to more TruGreen lawn care options, homeowners will notice enhancements in the highly personalized service from TruGreen's professionally trained route managers, including a free lawn evaluation and customized plan and a Lawn Quality Audit® to track progress.
As part of its TLC program, TruGreen has begun rebranding trucks from its fleet to feature lifestyle images of drawn-to-your-lawn fun. The new trucks are equipped with patented dual line technology for delivering targeted weed control only when and where it's needed. In addition, TruGreen route managers from participating pilot branches are donning newly branded uniforms. TruGreen's TLC approach will also be emphasized in a new direct mail campaign in pilot markets, featuring a guaranteed greener, healthier, more weed-free lawn with special introductory pricing on first lawn applications.
Kirk Hurto, Ph.D., TruGreen's vice president of technical services, explained that being environmentally responsible is at the root of TruGreen's new, innovative approach.
"Targeted Lawn Care is a common-sense approach to caring for your lawn. Our programs are designed to be environmentally responsible, and TruGreen's professionally trained route managers make certain our products stay on lawns and out of our waterways," said Hurto. "We're committed to reducing the use of pesticides, and our specialized TLC delivery system helps to ensure this reduction goal while still providing effective results. It's doing the right thing for the environment – and for our customers."
Your Square CareSM:
"Homeowners love their lawns," Hurto said, "and proper care makes all the difference in growing greener, healthier grass. Whether you take care of your lawn yourself or you use a professional lawn care service, it's important to ensure you're taking care of your square responsibly."
Hurto reinforces TruGreen's commitment to educating do-it-yourself homeowners on responsible lawn care and offers the following Your Square Care tips:
- Mow correctly: Cut your grass frequently with a sharp-blade mower; keep the lawn high, only removing one-third of grass; and return clippings to the yard for added nourishment
- Water properly: Adjust watering schedule and level based on the season; apply less in the rainy season and more in the drier months as needed; water early in the day to reduce loss from wind and evaporation
- Plant health care: Understand a plant's nutritional needs; identify lawn problems to avoid diagnosing and treating the problem incorrectly. TruGreen's specially trained lawn care professionals can help ensure your lawn is getting the care it needs.
- Right plant, right place: Identify the right type of grass and plants for your region and your lawn to ensure greener, healthier turf and improved landscaping appeal; replacing un-adapted plants with the right plant enhances the value of your landscape
TLC Pilot Markets:
TruGreen's Targeted Lawn Care and new programs are available in 16 states in 2009 in advance of a national roll-out in 2010. A new TruGreen logo and Go greener tagline are being tested with homeowners with an emphasis on customized, environmentally responsible lawn care of each homeowner's little square of the world. TruGreen's natural, organic products are also available nationwide on request. Go to www.trugreen.com for a local branch locator by zip code.
|Midwest||Merrillville, Ind.; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Davenport, Iowa; Cary/Elgin, Ill.; West Chicago; Crestwood, Ill.; Hickory Hills, Ill.; Lake Forest, Ill.; Naperville, Ill.; Park Ridge, Ill.; Rockford, Ill.; Wheeling, Ill.; Appleton, Wis.; Madison, Wis.; Milwaukee|
|Southeast||Savannah, Ga.; Charlotte, N.C.; Fayetteville, N.C.; Greensboro, N.C.; Lake Norman, N.C.; Raleigh, N.C.; Augusta, S.C.; Charleston, S.C.; Columbia, S.C.; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Newport News, Va.; Roanoke, Va.; Virginia Beach, Va.|
|Northeast||Hartford, Conn.; Rocky Hill, Conn.; Boston; Springfield, Mass.; Manchester, N.H.; Binghamton, N.Y.; Providence, R.I.; Burlington, Vt.|
TruGreen is the world's largest lawn and landscape company, serving more than 3.4 million residential and commercial customers across the United States with lawn care, tree and shrub care, and landscaping services. As the current industry leader, TruGreen continues to pioneer the development of new technology for lawn care, and devotes substantial resources to evaluate new products and equipment continually. In 2008, TruGreen joined the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP), an EPA maintained group of businesses committed to reduce the amount of pesticides entering our environment. TruGreen's vision is to develop programs that meet consumer needs for a healthier, sustainable landscape, promote the environmental benefits of lawns and landscapes, and reduce overall use of pesticides. TruGreen is a member of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. For more information, go to www.trugreen.com or www.servicemaster.com.
ServiceMaster currently serves residential and commercial customers through a network of more than 5,500 company-owned locations and franchised licenses. The company's brands include TruGreen, TruGreen LandCare, Terminix, American Home Shield, ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic, and AmeriSpec. The core services of the company include lawn care and landscape maintenance, termite and pest control, home warranties, cleaning and disaster restoration, house cleaning, furniture repair and home inspection.
*Gardening Trends Research Report, 2008 Winter Survey Consumer Attitudes on Organic, TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence
Original photography is also available including product logos of TruGreen's new lawn care options, and home and garden photography.