SEPHORA.COM LAUNCHES "BEAUTYTALK," AN ONLINE COMMUNITY WHERE CLIENTS HAVE A VOICE
The Online Leader in Beauty is Transformed
into a True Beauty Portal
Created in Response to Client Demand, "BeautyTalk" Capitalizes on the Enormous Sharing of Beauty Information through Digital and Social Media
San Francisco, CA, September 29, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Sephora Americas today announced the beta launch of “BeautyTalk,” an online community where beauty seekers can learn from Sephora’s beauty experts and exchange information directly with each other, through topic-specific discussion forums. “BeautyTalk” marks the newest innovation available on sephora.com, transforming the online leader in beauty into a true beauty portal. It is available through sephora.com.
Julie Bornstein, Sephora’s Senior Vice President of Sephora Direct, said, “There is enormous sharing of beauty information through digital and social media. BeautyTalk was created in direct response to this and to meet the high demand from our clients for a place where they could engage directly with us and each other. We are thrilled to create this community for them, which is unlike any other beauty forum on the web. It reflects our ongoing commitment to using the newest technologies to continuously evolve our site and make it even more engaging and exciting for our clients.”
“BeautyTalk builds on the success we have had with our Ratings & Reviews feature, which allows our clients to post reviews of the thousands of products we offer. Consistent with our commitment to helping our clients make informed beauty decisions, BeautyTalk takes the exchange of information to the next level. We plan to use what we learn about our clients’ passions from the ongoing dialogue on the site to continue to develop new ways to meet their needs,” concluded Bornstein.
BeautyTalk offers clients the following exciting new features:
- Ask a Beauty Question: Consider BeautyTalk the starting point for your latest beauty needs. Ask any beauty question and get instant responses from other Sephora shoppers and from Sephora, too.
- Watch. Learn. Love.: Video Tutorials with Sephora’s professional makeup artists providing detailed demonstrations of beauty techniques.
- BeautyTalk Spotlight: Featuring BeautyTalk’s contributor of the week, as well as the best advice and most clever comment.
- Top 10 Product Lists: Where beauty celebrities, brand founders and artists share their favorite products.
- The Lounge: Where our clients can share their hauls and beauty confessions.
BeautyTalk easily enables Sephora’s clients to get advice on any beauty need, share what they love, their latest haul, their tips and questions by posting comments, images and videos, or they can visit Sephora’s Beauty & the Blog. Through this beta launch, Sephora will learn and continue to evolve this new service for its clients. www.sephora.com/beautyadvice