SANDISK UNVEILS BROAD RANGE OF FLASH MEMORY PRODUCTS AT CES
Products Address High Growth Markets, Highlight Pervasive Applications of SanDisk's Flash Memory Technology
CES 2009, South Hall, Booth # 30659, LAS VEGAS, January 8, 2009 /PRNewswire/ — This week, SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK) is announcing a wide range of new flash storage products that are expected to enter production in the coming months. "These new flash storage products will significantly enhance the way in which consumers capture and enjoy their precious memories, personal content, and valuable data in handsets and computing platforms. With these important product introductions, SanDisk is again taking the lead in ushering the next wave of growth for flash storage in the years ahead," said Eli Harari, chairman and chief executive officer, SanDisk.
- slotRadio™ Player and slotRadio (SR) preloaded cards: The Sansa® slotRadio™ player is a small, stylish, portable music device that comes bundled with an SR card preloaded with 1,000 songs handpicked from the Billboard® charts and professionally arranged into a variety of genre-themed playlists. The on/off switch provides instant music discovery and brings fans ownership of the songs they love at a great price.
- New SSD Netbook Modules: SanDisk's new SATA solid-state-drives (SSDs) employ MLC and new controller technology, and are attractive not only for Netbook PCs but also for POS terminals, printers, ATMs and other applications where users needs HDD functionality with strong reliability, yet want to pay a low cost for the exact capacity that they need.
- New Generation SSD (G3): SanDisk's new generation SSDs are based on SanDisk's 43 nanometer MLC technology and employ SanDisk's new high speed controllers to achieve SLC SSD performance at MLC cost1. Offered in capacities of 60, 120 and 240GB2, the units are priced to OEM customers at $149, $249 and $499, respectively and are expected to be available in Q2 20093.
- SanDisk Ultra® Backup USB Drive: Fitting into any pocket, the new SanDisk Ultra Backup USB flash drive is a complete backup solution that provides an incredibly easy way to protect digital files. It comes with patent-pending backup technology with capacities up to 64GB, large enough to back up most average consumer requirements in addition to critical small business files and documents.
- 16GB SanDisk® Mobile Ultra™ microSDHC™ and Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™): At 16GB, SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC and M2 mobile memory cards feature the world's largest removable storage capacity for mobile phones, as well as fast side-loading speeds. The microSDHC cards are ideal for newer mobile phone models, most of which are compatible with these higher capacity cards.
- 2GB Rock Band® 2 SD™ Gaming Card: Compatible with the Nintendo® Wii™ console, this must-have accessory for the wildly popular Rock Band® franchise makes it possible for gamers to take advantage of the over 300 additional songs that will be available for download4. The card works seamlessly in compatible digital cameras, allowing users to fill the card with images and then post their pictures on the Wii's photography channel.
- New Memory Stick PRO™ Formats Announcement: SanDisk and Sony have co-developed two expanded Memory Stick™ formats. Expanded format for "Memory Stick PRO" is capable of storing up to 2 terabytes (TB)5 of data, and "Memory Stick HG-Micro" offers a 60MB/s6 transfer rate, making it one of the fastest-smallest memory card formats announced to date.
To view our live press conference on Thursday, January 8 at 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST, please visit www.sandisk.com/ceswebcast.
SanDisk Corporation, the inventor and world's largest supplier of flash storage cards, is a global leader in flash memory - from research, manufacturing and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution. SanDisk's product portfolio includes flash memory cards for mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders; digital audio/video players; USB flash drives for consumers and the enterprise; embedded memory for mobile devices; and solid state drives for computers. SanDisk (www.sandisk.com/corporate) is a Silicon Valley-based S&P 500 company, with more than half its sales outside the United States.
1 SanDisk C25-G3 and C18-G3 SSD Performance: anticipated performance based on SanDisk internal estimates and projections. 1 megabyte (MB) = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes
- a) Performance is characterized using some or all of the following tools
- b) H2BENCH 3.6; average access time = average seek time + average latency time
- c) IOMETER 2003.12.16
2 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes
3 Performance based on internal testing and projections, may vary depending on host device.
4 Early in 2009, downloadable content will be available for the Wii.
5 1 terabyte = 1 trillion bytes
6 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes
SanDisk's product and executive images can be downloaded from
SanDisk's web site/home page address: http://www.sandisk.com SanDisk, the SanDisk logo, SanDisk Ultra and Sansa are trademarks of SanDisk Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. slotRadio, pSSD and SanDisk Mobile Ultra are trademarks of SanDisk Corporation. Memory Stick is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick HG-Micro and M2 are trademarks of Sony Corporation. microSDHC and SD marks and logos are trademarks of SD-3C LLC. Rock Band®, Rock Band® 2 and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., a MTV Networks company. Rock Band® and Rock Band® 2 developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. MTV: Music Television, MTV Games and all related titles and logos are trademarks of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom International Inc. Nintendo, the Nintendo logo and the Wii logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nintendo of America Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder (s).
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, including expectations for new product introductions, applications, markets, and customers that are based on our current expectations and involve numerous risks and uncertainties that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate. Risks that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate include among others: market demand for our products may grow more slowly than our expectations or there may be a slower adoption rate for these products in new markets that we are targeting, our products may not be available at the prices, dates or in the geographies we anticipate, our products may not perform as expected and the other risks detailed from time-to-time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including, but not limited to, our annual report on Form 10-K and our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. We do not intend to update the information contained in this press release.