QTRAX LAUNCHES AT MIDEM - FIRST FREE & LEGAL P2P MUSIC SERVICE REINVENTS THE WAY FANS CONSUME DIGITAL MUSIC
Largest Legal Music Catalog Ever Assembled: 25 to 30 Million Copyrighted Tracks from Majors & Indies
QTRAX Music-Related Content Much Larger than Unauthorized Services
MIDEM CONFERENCE, CANNES, FRANCE and NEW YORK – January 28, 2008 / PRNewswire / – QTRAX (www.QTRAX.com) – the world's first free and legal peer-to-peer (P2P) music service, today announced that it has launched its ground-breaking P2P music service at MIDEM, the world's leading music business conference. Showcasing an innovative ad-supported downloading model that easily directs revenue back to artists and rights holders, QTRAX is the first free P2P service to be fully embraced by the music industry. With a base catalog estimated at between 25 and 30 million copyrighted tracks from all the major labels, publishers and a host of leading indies, QTRAX has the largest legal library of any music service on the market.
"QTRAX is a magical and game-changing service that revolutionizes the way fans consume digital music," said QTRAX President and CEO Allan Klepfisz. "We will provide a vastly better service than unauthorized sites with superior technology, alluring and vast content, and free music that won't get you arrested. QTRAX makes other services look as outdated as the cassette tape."
QTRAX has created a dynamic new music distribution model that represents a paradigm shift in the way people consume music, how the industry can monetize their catalogs and how artists get paid. The service is available immediately at www.QTRAX.com and brings consumers the following unique features:
- A new P2P environment that allows users to search through millions of high quality tracks for particular songs, bands or albums and legally download as many as they want for free;
- Seamless integration with portable and mobile devices, allowing users to transfer downloaded tracks quickly and easily;
- A special section called "Last Night," where users can search for newly added tracks from live concerts that were recorded the night before;
- A colorful and diverse array of content beyond music, including: music videos, artist documentaries, interviews, album reviews, artist recommendation lists, and biographies among other things;
- Exclusive songs and content from artists on profile pages where fans can access the latest news relative to artists, purchase DVDs, ring-tones and concert tickets;
- A media player with which listeners can easily keep and organize their entire music library, with the ability toimport tracks from other locations, including iTunes;
- A Firefox-based Internet browser, from which users can visit other web destinations while concurrently downloading tracks without having to open additional windows;
- A new DRM system that counts the number of times particular tracks have been played in order to fairly compensate artists and right holders, without restricting consumer use;
- A guarantee that users will never download spyware, adware or spoofs.
QTRAX represents a fresh opportunity for the advertising community as well. Though vibrant and heavily trafficked, P2P environments have long been ignored by advertisers because of copyright infringement and brand proximity to unrestricted file-sharing. QTRAX offers advertisers a safe, legal, and authorized place to reach both mass and targeted audiences with custom ad and sponsorship opportunities.
Brilliant Technologies will maintain a QTRAX Suite at the Palais des Festivals at MIDEM/MIDEMNET. To schedule a briefing please contact rich@QTRAX.com or SMS Text/Call 941-726-9090 with your name and affiliation.
QTRAX (www.QTRAX.com) is the world's first legal and free peer-to-peer (P2P) music service. Showcasing an innovative ad-supported delivery model that easily directs revenue back to artists and rights holders, QTRAX is the first free P2P offering to be fully embraced by the music industry. QTRAX has successfully signed licensing deals with the major labels, music publishers and leading independents. QTRAX will provide fans with access to a colorful and diverse catalog with millions of high-quality digital music files representing the broadest artist-based fan-directed array of products available anywhere. Based in New York City, QTRAX is a subsidiary of Brilliant Technologies Corporation (OTC: BLLN.PK), a publicly traded technology holding company.