St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2010
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia, June 16 /PRNewswire/ — In 2010, at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum leading government officials, business and financial figures, experts and media heads from Russia and across the globe gather to identify and take action on measures to secure the recovery of the global economy while discussing new ideas and solutions to forge more sustainable growth.
This year’s theme for the SPIEF Programme is “Laying the Foundation for the Future” and roundtables, workshops, panel discussions and briefings focus on three major issues:
• GLOBAL ECONOMY: managing the next stage of recovery. Discussions centre on the restructuring of the global economy, including shifts in the balance of power, changes in the financial architecture, new forces in global demand, and the imperative of environmentally sustainable development.
• RUSSIA - TODAY AND TOMORROW: economic modernization and Russia’s role in the world. Discussions explore in detail the policies and measures to develop more value-added means of production and a diversified economy and fostering innovation, as well as examine Russia’s role in shaping the regional and global financial, trade and business environments.
• LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE: fostering of innovative thinking in business. Discussions uncover new approaches to the development of production, the ongoing impact of technology on business models, and overcoming the challenges to scaling digital, outer space and green technologies.
Background on the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) was established in 1997.
Since 2006 SPIEF has been held under the patronage of the President of the Russian Federation. Over the past five years the Forum has transformed into a leading business event, attracting over 3000 international and Russian participants representing government and business leaders from around the world, joined by leading voices from academia, media and civil society.
SPIEF gathers the world’s leading decision makers to identify and deliberate the key challenges facing Russia, emerging markets and the world and engage communities to find common purpose and establish frameworks to forge solutions.
SPIEF 2010 participants include:
- 1500 business leaders (including 300 CEOs of the world’s foremost companies)
- 1000 Russian and international government representatives
- Over 1200 leading Russian and international media representatives give coverage to the SPIEF events.
SPIEF official programme includes over 30 interactive panel and workshop sessions, which include:
- 300 speaking and moderating opportunities
- Over 50 award ceremonies, company presentations, press conferences and ceremonies marking the signing of major investment agreements.
For more information please visit our website www.forumspb.com