Big Controversy in 2012: When is the Actual Date for Summer Solstice This Year?
One thing is sure: No better way to celebrate the Sun than with the Smoothest Amber Spirit: METAXA.
LONDON, June 21 /PRNewswire/ — Summer Solstice is conventionally set on June 21st. Astronomically speaking June 20th seems to be the actual date this year. While science debates over the date, there’s no doubt on the Fun: across the world thousands of people enjoy the Sun as we reach the longest day of the year. METAXA catches the Sun and releases it with every drop. There is no better way to celebrate the Sun than with the Smoothest Amber Spirit: METAXA.
Join METAXA in hot spots across North America and Europe to soak the Sun. On the evenings leading to this year’s Summer Solstice you can enjoy your METAXA:
- In the USA, in legendary surfer spots like the Memory Motel in Montauk. Or in more urban settings, like Dutch Kills Bar in Queens, right over the 59th Street Bridge (famous for its ice and classic cocktails) or in selected open air rooftop bars across the City.
- In the UK where not less than 15 cities across the country from London, Glasgow, Bristol, Brighton to Leeds will host Solstice parties simultaneously celebrating the shortest night of the year.
- In Germany, at the METAXA Bay in Berlin! METAXA Bay is the talk of the town this year again with this vibrant urban beach and its sun-infused METAXA cocktails.
Find out the full program on www.metaxabay.de.
Also, in Germany check out the METAXA Island near you in cities such as Hamburg (Veritas Beach), Munich (VR Stadstrand), Köln (Sky Bar) and Nürnberg (Sommer in der City)
- In the Czech Republic, look out for surprise tastings led by the METAXA Team in open air bars, urban beaches, lakefronts and in all the leading establishments across the country
- In Belgium, see the Sunball light up open-air concerts at the vibrant ‘Gentse Feesten’
- In Russia, METAXA will pop up in open summer bars in Moscow, Saint Petersbourg and Ekaterinbourg.
- In Ukraine, Kiev or Odessa, where everyone will take a breath from football fever to celebrate the Solstice with METAXA
- In Greece (a.k.a. METAXALand), take in the Solstice at Lycabettus Hill – while enjoying one of the most breathtaking views in the world. Or if you happen to be vacationing in Rhodes, Crete, or Kos check out the bars of 5 Stars hotels featuring METAXA drinks, including Grecotel and Aldemar.
Some more bar-hopping for you? Try some unconventional twists to METAXA classics at the Lebensstern in Berlin, The Artesian in London or the Cohibar in Sydney.
Celebrate the Summer Solstice with a refreshing METAXA Suntonic or juicy METAXA Sunshine long drink.
To enjoy your own METAXA Suntonic, pour chilled tonic water over three ice cubes into a long drink glass, garnish with a slice of fresh orange. And here comes the Sun! Pour 4cl (1.5oz) of METAXA 5 Stars into a Sunball and watch as it lights up.
Your perfect METAXA Sunshine treat is also very simple to create: simply replace tonic water with pomegranate juice – intense delight.
Solstice On The Go with METAXA!
On the occasion of the Summer Solstice, METAXA introduces its “Rising Sun” limited edition of METAXA 5 Stars to selected countries around Europe. You will find this Collector’s Edition in 1L bottles in leading international airports in the UK, France, Poland and the Czech Republic at travel retail shops run by Aelia.
In domestic markets, you will find the 70cl version of the Collector’s Edition with retailers such as Edeka (Germany) or Rewe and Spar (Austria).
Check-out the sneak preview on http://www.youtube.com/metaxa
About METAXA 5 Stars:
Smoothness revealed! A beautifully balanced marriage of fine distillates matured up to five years in oak casks and Muscat wines from the Aegean islands. A treat, dark honey in colour, floral, fruity, intensely aromatic with soft oak flavours and a rewarding personality.
About the METAXA Sunball:
Considered as one of the most innovative service items for contemporary drinks, the clear METAXA Sunball holds 4cl (1.5oz) of METAXA and lights up upon contact with the noble liquid. A proprietary innovation of the House of Metaxa, this service item is available in selected bars around the world. This year marks the second Summer Solstice celebration with the METAXA Sunball.
About the House of Metaxa:
Founded in 1888 by Spyros Metaxa, a man of taste and natural risk-taker. Since 1888, METAXA starts where other spirits stop. In a league of its own, METAXA is the smoothest spirit under the Sun thanks to its Muscat wines from the Aegean islands. METAXA is the only international spirit to bring together fine aged wine distillates and these intensely aromatic Muscat wines. Smooth, aromatic and endlessly versatile, METAXA brings a touch of Sun at the heart of your long drinks and cocktails alike.
Join METAXA on Facebook
METAXA: Touch the Sun and release the METAXA spirit in you!
Please enjoy responsibly.
Press contact :