DARA TORRES, DANA DELANY, JENNY SANFORD, LEE WOODRUFF AND OTHERS TALK ABOUT TRANSFORMATION AT MORE MAGAZINE'S FIRST- EVER CHICAGO REINVENTION CONVENTION
(May 27, 2010) NEW YORK, NY /PRNewswire/ — More magazine and Editor-in-Chief Lesley Jane Seymour hosted the Reinvention Convention on May 17 in Chicago, bringing together more than 600 women interested in revitalizing their careers, finances, style and health.
Seymour remarked, "The Reinvention Convention is ground zero for learning the how-to's (and yes, also the how-not-to's) of remaking ourselves directly from women who've been there and done that who can share their struggles and successes."
The Convention, held at Navy Pier, featured Q&As with the day's emcee, Good Morning America Contributor and Author Lee Woodruff, and Emmy Award-Winning Actress Dana Delany. About reinvention, Delany urged women to "know what makes you happy."
Five-time Olympic Medalist Dara Torres showed off her famous abs on stage during her keynote address, proving once again that age is just a number. Also, Former First Lady of South Carolina and Author of Staying True Jenny Sanford shared the keys to a successful reinvention: "Don't be too polite; just shake it up."
Other sessions at the More Reinvention Convention in Chicago included:
- The Difference: How Anyone Can Prosper Even in Tough Times, with Jean Chatzky, Today financial editor, consulting money editor for More, columnist for New York Daily News and best-selling author.
- Fight Fat After 40: Top 10 Rules to Minimize Your Menopot, with Dr. Pamela Peeke, Chief Medical Correspondent for Discovery Health Television, host of Discovery's Fit to Live series, based on her latest book.
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff so You Can Live the Big Stuff, with Kristine Carlson author of Heart Broken Open, moderated by More Executive Editor Judith Coyne.
- Beautiful Skin at Any Age, with Celebrity Makeup Artist Tim Quinn, Dr. Julia Marshall and Dr. Amy Derick; moderated by More Beauty Director Genevieve Monsma.
- The Rules of Reinvention, with Pamela Mitchell, founder and CEO of the Reinvention Institute.
- Reinvent Your Style, with Celebrity Stylist Mary Alice Stephenson; interviewed by Seymour.
- Sex Brain Body: Make the Connection, with Dr. Madelyn Fernstrom, Dr. Lauri J. Romanzi and Dr. Susan Kellogg-Spadt, moderated by Dr. Gail Saltz.
- How to Master Social Media, with The Wall Street Journal Technology Editor Julia Angwin.
- How You Can Change the World, with Ambassador Nancy G. Brinker, founding chair of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
The More Chicago Reinvention Convention was presented by Wells Fargo and sponsored by Talbots, Giorgio Armani Cosmetics, Eucerin, Radiesse and Sex Brain Body, with media partner The Wall Street Journal and community partner the Junior League of Chicago. The convention will also visit New York on October 18, 2010.