MEREDITH CORPORATION LAUNCHES TABLET EDITIONS OF BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS, PARENTS AND FITNESS BRANDS ON iPAD
Suite of Tablet Brands for Women Focuses on Her Core Passions of Home, Family, Self; Features Include Interactivity, Videos, Workout Routines and Virtual Family Playroom
NEW YORK, NY / DES MOINES, IA, March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP; www.meredith.com), the leading media and marketing company serving American women, today announced the tablet launch of three of its most popular brands – Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness – on the iPad. All three monthly editions bring additional layers of content and interactivity to consumers, and are created by the highly respected editorial and creative teams behind the brands’ print issues.
The tablet editions are now available for purchase on a single-issue basis through the iTunes store at prices comparable to their newsstand cover prices. Parents and Fitness are offered at $2.99 per issue, and Better Homes and Gardens is available for $3.99.
From delicious recipes and innovative decorating applications – to workout videos and co-play opportunities – every feature delivers helpful, valuable and entertaining content. The tablet editions stretch each user experience, providing fresh, rich digital content that deepens and expands the consumers’ experiences with the brands they love and trust.
“Our goal is to provide content that matters to her across all of her passion points, delivered in an immersive and interactive digital experience,” says Liz Schimel, EVP, Consumer Relationship Management and Digital Media for Meredith’s National Media Group. “Our consumer insights were incredibly valuable during every step of planning and creation.”
Schimel notes that Meredith plans to also offer these brands as subscriptions on the Android tablet via Next Issue Media. Meredith properties Family Circle and More, are currently available on the NOOKcolor. Meredith is planning to launch additional brands through Zinio.
“Women are seeking more creative and service-oriented content than ever before,” says Gayle Butler, SVP/Des Moines Editorial Director and Editor in Chief, Better Homes and Gardens. “Our tablet editions deliver the next level of high-quality and helpful content to her, whether she’s an on-the-go mom, a healthy and active lifestyle enthusiast, the Chief Household Officer or all of the above.”
Premier issue sponsors include such well-known brands as Kimberly-Clark’s Pull-Ups. “We had a very positive response to the tablet editions from our marketing partners,” says Lauren Wiener, SVP, Meredith Women’s Network. “We expect this market to grow rapidly over the next year as women expand their tablet experience. According to industry data we’ve seen, women already are approximately half of the current tablet marketplace.”
Here are some of the highlights of the tablet editions:
Better Homes and Gardens: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/better-homes-gardens-magazine/id411903182
- Behind-the-scenes videos take consumers beyond photo shoots to capture designer insights, treating them to tip-filled shopping excursions, and offering close-up cooking instruction.
- A color-swap application activates the popular color-of-the-month feature, letting her tap to see the featured room in different hues.
- Animated before-and-after floor plans walk users through clever space solutions and room arrangements.
- A scrollable recipe format makes it easy to cook directly from the iPad. For selected recipes, consumers can change the flavor profile with a tap. There is also a recipe index in every issue with photos.
- Live link allows users to buy featured products, including a link to the Better Homes and Gardens Store.
- Workout videos bring to life step-by-step instructions for exercises so consumers can prop up the iPad and follow along. The toning routines can be viewed in their entirety or as individual moves, letting users replay as often as needed to perfect their form.
- Recipes are easily accessible and hands-free when cooking. There is no need for scrolling or touching the tablet to follow along.
- Behind-the-scenes videos of the fashion and beauty shoots give her additional insights and tips from stylists and experts.
- Additional product recommendations and information through hot spots and slide shows direct users to websites where they can purchase the product.
- The Parents Playroom allows parents and children to explore a virtual playroom together and browse new toys, DVDs, calendar listings and more. The Playroom is also home to child-focused craft and cooking videos.
- An age-by-age guide instead of a table of contents.
- Interactive cover and cover text.
- A showcase of additional products not featured in the print edition with direct links to purchase them.
About Meredith Corporation
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) is the leading media and marketing company serving American women and. Meredith features multiple well-known national brands – including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Ladies’ Home Journal, Fitness, More and American Baby – along with local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms – including print, television, online, mobile, Tablets, and video – to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners. According to the Advertising Industry Reports (AIR) survey of over 1,500 agency and marketing professionals, Meredith is the nation’s “Highest Rated Media Company.”
Additionally, Meredith uses its many assets to create powerful custom marketing solutions for many of the nation’s top brands and companies. Meredith has significantly added to its marketing solution capabilities in recent years through the acquisition of cutting-edge companies in areas such as digital, mobile, word-of-mouth, social and database marketing.