California Raisins and Celebrity Fitness Trainer, Valerie Waters, Offer Advice on Getting ‘Red Carpet Ready’ in 2011
- Upload Red Carpet Moments in New Sweepstakes for Chance to Win Hollywood Trip; Visit LoveYourRaisins.com for Details -
Fresno, Calif., January 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — From school reunions and weddings to anniversaries and date night, life is never short of occasions when we want to look and feel our best. That’s why California Raisins has teamed up with trainer to the stars, Valerie Waters, to offer fitness and healthy eating advice on getting paparazzi prepared in 2011 for all of life’s red carpet moments.
Along with guidance from Waters, California Raisins is also launching a new, easy-to-enter sweepstakes called, “What’s Your Red Carpet Moment?” Now through March 15, participants can share their upcoming red carpet moments on the California Raisins’ Facebook page for a chance to win a trip to the red carpet capital of the world—Hollywood, Calif. Contest details and an official set of rules can be found at www.loveyourraisins.com.
“Getting in shape is no different for super stars or super moms; it is all about making your mind up to eat right, snack smart and get active—regardless if you are preparing for a movie premiere, your 20-year class reunion or a milestone birthday,” says Waters. “Feeling your best for life’s special occasions is a matter of consistently making wise choices.”
Following are some tips from Waters on how to begin making wise choices now:
- Make the commitment. Every health and fitness journey starts with making daily changes—not just when you can fit them in your schedule or when you have time. The first step toward achieving your health and fitness goals is simply making the decision to set them.
- Eat breakfast every day. Beginning your day with a nutritious meal jump starts your metabolism and sets you up for eating right the whole day. Healthy breakfasts that don’t take much time:
- 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites scrambled with veggies (just about any will do) with one piece of whole grain toast
- 1 packet of plain instant oatmeal with a scoop of chocolate protein powder plus a tablespoon of California Raisins
- 1 piece of whole grain toast with a tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter and banana slices
- ½ cup of low fat yogurt topped with California Raisins and sliced almonds
- Plié Squat
- Reverse Lunge
- Bent Over Row
- Lateral Raise
- Ultimate Crunch
“Physical activity and healthy eating go hand-in-hand,” says Waters. “From breakfast through dinner and the snack times in between, reach for lean proteins, veggies and fruits, like California Raisins, which are delicious, nutritious and perfectly portable for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or pre-workout energy boost.”
About the California Raisin Marketing Board
A State Marketing Order in 1998 created the California Raisin Marketing Board and it is 100 percent grower-funded. Its mission is to support and promote the increased use of California-grown raisins and sponsor crop production, nutrition and market research. For more information about the California Raisin Marketing Board and to browse delicious recipes, visit www.loveyourraisins.com.