LG ELECTRONICS' NEW KITCHEN APPLIANCES DELIVER UNPARALLELED PERFORMANCE AND ORGANIZATION
4-Door Refrigerator Enhancements Offer More Usable Space;
Cooking Innovations Deliver Greater Functionality for Home Chefs
CHICAGO /PRNewswire/ — Global home appliance innovator LG Electronics is delivering something better for home chefs with its expanded kitchen portfolio led by a new line of 4-door French-door refrigerators with unsurpassed usable refrigerator shelf space, a new premium slide-in electric range, and new over-the-range microwaves – all designed to offer greater performance and convenience in the kitchen.
These innovations were unveiled at a private reception and dinner co-hosted by renowned chef, television personality and best-selling cookbook author, Art Smith, at his famed Chicago restaurant, Table Fifty-Two. “For professional chefs like myself, preparation and the right equipment are absolute musts to achieving great cooking results,” said Chef Smith. “With refrigerators that offer superior organization to high-performance cooking appliances with top-grade features, LG’s new kitchen line is a great fit for the casual home chef, moms juggling a hectic household and schedule, as well as culinary experts.”
“LG’s array of premium kitchen products provides consumers with the right equipment to help tackle any cooking challenge and create a perfect meal,” said Peter Reiner, senior vice president, marketing, LG Electronics USA. “From easier organization and access to better cooking performance with professional-grade features, our new refrigeration and cooking innovations allow consumers to better enjoy their kitchen experience whether it’s entertaining for a large group or a quiet family dinner.”
French-Door Refrigerator Innovations
In French-door models – the fastest growing segment in refrigerators, LG is introducing a new line of 4-door models for 2010. LG’s most recent addition (Model LMX28988ST) has a capacity of nearly 28 cubic feet, but more usable shelf space than all refrigerators with a capacity of 29 cubic feet. Innovations such as the Slim SpacePlus™ Ice System allow for more shelf space providing greater organization and access for consumers:
- Ultra-large capacity: With an ultra-large capacity of nearly 28 cubic feet – among the largest in the industry, LG offers consumers more than 10 percent more storage space than many comparable French-door refrigerators, without taking up much extra floor space in the kitchen.
- Slim SpacePlus™ Ice System: This refrigerator features an enhanced version of LG’s SpacePlus ice system, which frees up additional storage space on the refrigerator door, providing consumers with more usable refrigerator shelf space.
- Two bottom freezer drawers: Two freezer drawers help to keep consumers even more organized. The upper EveryDay Freezer drawer provides easy access to those frozen foods consumers reach for the most. The lower drawer is a separate freezer compartment that lets users store larger items and is great for longer-term storage. And because there are two drawers, each is lighter and easier to open than a standard bottom freezer drawer.
- LG’s extra tall ice and water dispensing center:This feature enables consumers to fill uniquely shaped and assorted sized pitchers and glasses. With an easy-access water tap and a slide-out pitcher rest, the height of the water dispenser area measures more than 13 inches, making it the industry’s tallest.
- An upgraded Four-Compartment Crisper System: This system provides more versatility to store fruits, vegetables and even canned beverages.
This ultra-capacity 4-door French-door refrigerator will be available in the second quarter of 2010 in a stainless steel finish at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2,999.
LG also will be introducing an enhanced model (LMX28994) which will include all of the features of the LMX28988ST. For a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $3,499, this ultra-capacity 4-door French-door refrigerator will have a capacity of nearly 27 cubic feet and feature two additional freezer drawer innovations:
- Converta™ Freezer Drawer: This innovation provides added versatility with the ability to convert the top freezer drawer into a refrigerator drawer when extra refrigerator space is needed.
- Auto Open/Close Drawers: This function enables users to automatically open and close bottom freezer drawers at the touch of a button, making it easier to access food or unload groceries.
Slide-In Electric Range
LG’s first slide-in electric range, now available at retail stores nationwide, features premium styling and a rich set of high performance features that make it easier to achieve great cooking results:
- Large Capacity: 5.4 cubic foot capacity – among the largest available in the slide-in category – provides the flexibility to cook more items – including larger platters – at the same time.
- Dual True Convection: Dual true convection fans with three different settings evenly disperse heat throughout the oven for faster pre-heating – up to 30 percent – and more uniform baking.
- Baking Drawer: The separate baking drawer enhances versatility with an additional cooking space. This drawer can be used much like the rest of the oven – for preparing meals and baking.
- Split Rack: A gliding and split rack design provides added convenience for consumers.
- Sophisticated Styling: LG’s award-winning design including a stainless steel cooktop frame, sleek handles and wider control area with Intuitouch™ controls completes the package.
The new slide-in electric range (Model: LSE3092ST) is offered at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2,299.
Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens
Complementing the company’s range of products are new microwave oven innovations designed to offer greater cooking performance and convenience in the kitchen.
- Extenda™ Vent: Home chefs will enjoy the powerful ventilation of LG’s new over-the-range microwaves with Extenda Vent. Most microwaves cover only the back burners of the stove top, versus the front burners where consumers do the majority of cooking. With increased suction efficiency, this slide-out canopy covers the entire cooking surface to better eliminate smoke and odors created during cooking.
- QuietPower™ Ventilation System: LG is making cooking even more enjoyable with a powerful ventilation of 400 CFMs that does the job quietly.
- Warming Lamp: LG is expanding its popular Warming Lamp technology to two new microwaves this year (models LMHM2017 and LMV2015). This industry-first technology provides a convenient way to keep food warm without relying on a conventional oven or a traditional warming drawer underneath the oven. The microwave’s warming mode can be set at a pre-determined temperature for up to 90 minutes.
- SensorCook: Helping eliminate the guesswork in cooking, this humidity-sensing technology determines when food is cooked and automatically turns off the microwave to prevent the over- or under-cooking of meals, automatically adjusting cooking time and power level for exceptional cooking results.
ABOUT LG ELECTRONICS USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances and business solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.lg.com/us/kitchen/tips-advice.jsp.