ING DIRECT USA LAUNCHES ENHANCED MOBILE APPLICATION
Nation’s Largest Direct Bank Puts a Bank Branch in Customers' Pockets
Wilmington, DE, July 28, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Summer should be about taking vacations and spending time with friends and family, not taking trips to the bank branch and waiting in line to speak to a teller. That’s why ING DIRECT USA, the nation’s largest direct bank, is encouraging its Customers to put their bank branch in their pocket with the launch of their enhanced mobile application for iPhone® and BlackBerry® devices.
“More and more Americans rely on their smartphones for everyday tasks and responsibilities,” said Arkadi Kuhlmann, President and CEO of ING DIRECT USA. “If we can help them save their time and money by paying a bill or transferring money while at the beach or a barbecue, then it’s a win-win for everyone.”
ING DIRECT USA Mobile
ING DIRECT USA Mobile was designed with Customers in mind, allowing them access to the same great features available at ingdirect.com, only in the palm of their hand.
- Transfer money: Between flights? No problem. ING DIRECT USA Mobile makes transferring money between your Electric Orange CheckingSM, Orange SavingsSM and linked external checking accounts a breeze.
- Pay bills on the fly: You’ll never have to worry about forgetting to pay that bill again. ING DIRECT USA Mobile lets Customers manage the same Bill Pay preferences they have set up through ingdirect.com.
- Pay people: ING DIRECT USA Mobile lets you pay friends back for the tab before dinner’s even over. Customers can quickly and easily send money to existing contacts in their Person2Person address book.
- Check balances: On the move and need a quick snapshot of your accounts? You got it. ING DIRECT USA Mobile securely displays all of the Customer’s accounts and account details like account number, balance, and transaction summary and details.
- Flip for fun (iPhone only): With a quick flip of your iPhone get social and check out what Savers have to say with one touch access to ING DIRECT’s social media efforts, including Twitter, Facebook and We, the Savers.
More information is available at http://ingdirect.com/mobile. The apps are available for download by visiting Apple iTunes® and BlackBerry® App World™.
Bank From Any Corner Photo and Video Contest
ING DIRECT USA believes that saving should have no limits. Today, the bank launched its “Bank From Any Corner” contest, which encourages mobile Savers to submit photos or videos of themselves showing the coolest and craziest place they’ve banked from with ING DIRECT USA’s new mobile app. The grand prize winner will receive $10,000; second place will receive $5,000; third place will receive $2,500; and 17 runners-up will receive an iPod Touch®. Participants can submit their entries at ING DIRECT’s Facebook page, the contest homepage, or directly on their mobile phone. The contest ends August 27th. More details can be found at www.ingdirectmobilecontest.com.
Poptent and YouTube Videos
To help promote its mobile application launch, ING DIRECT USA turned to Poptent — a social network of video creators. The community of filmmakers was tasked with creating an online video that showcases ING DIRECT Mobile as a simple, relevant and innovative way to put banking in your pocket. More than 50 submissions were received and three winners were selected. The winning videos are housed on ING DIRECT USA’s YouTube page along with a video from ING DIRECT USA’s CEO of Savings, Arkadi Kuhlmann, highlighting the benefits of mobile banking.
About ING DIRECT USA
ING DIRECT USA, the nation's largest direct bank and largest thrift, is dedicated to inspiring Americans to become a nation of savers. Since its inception in 2000, more than 7.6 million Americans have entrusted their savings with ING DIRECT, building the bank to $91.3 billion in assets. ING DIRECT has developed a comprehensive social media Savers Community, including Twitter, Facebook and its We, the Savers blog. For more information about ING DIRECT call 1-800-ING-DIRECT, and for information about its commitment to financial education visit Planet Orange.