Fujitsu Introduces Next Generation Cross-Platform Portable Scanner to its ScanSnap Line
The Mobile Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Provides Consumers and Business Professionals New Productivity Features and Increased Versatility for PC and Mac
SUNNYVALE, Calif., February 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., the market leader in document imaging scanners and services, today introduced the newest addition to its portable ScanSnap product lineup. The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 is the company's next generation mobile multi-page scanner that provides the same easy-to-use one-button scanning and reliable operation as its predecessors. With enhanced productivity features and added versatility, it is also the first ScanSnap scanner designed for full cross-platform functionality for PC and Mac.
Optimized for operation with a PC or Mac and small enough to digitize paperwork easily and efficiently from the road, the ScanSnap S1300 is engineered to provide consumers and business professionals the most productive scanning experience at home or on the go.
"Following the successful launch of the ScanSnap S300 and S300M, the predecessors of the ScanSnap S1300, it was important that we bring even more scanning functionality and platform flexibility to mobile consumers and business professionals with this latest solution," said Michael Sidejas, product marketing manager, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "Whether it is scanning contracts, receipts, bills, invoices, or business cards on the road or using a PC at one place and a Mac at another, the new ScanSnap S1300 provides users the tools to be even more productive and paperless anywhere, regardless of the computer they use."
New Productivity Features
Fujitsu was the first to introduce multi-sheet, duplex performance in a USB powered mobile scanner with the ScanSnap S300 series and now the next generation ScanSnap S1300 provides even more intelligence, productivity features and flexibility. Key features that are new to the ScanSnap S1300 include:
- Automatic Quality: When Auto is selected under Image Quality, ScanSnap increases the resolution on small documents (A6 or smaller), helping ensure the fine-print on small documents remains legible and searchable.
- Mark Text Function: Users can utilize a standard highlighter pen on a black & white document to automatically create searchable keywords of the highlighted text, such as an invoice number or last name.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork into editable Word and Excel files at the push of a button.
- Grayscale Support: In addition to automatically detecting color and monochrome, users can now scan images or text in grayscale. This is especially important for small images or text within business cards and small receipts that typically includes fine print.
- Long Document Support: Users are able to scan a document up to 34 inches long, allowing ScanSnap S1300 to support a wider range of documents, such as long grocery receipts or lengthy rental agreements.
Increased Versatility on the Go
ScanSnap S1300 comes with software for PC and software for Mac so users who use both can optimize their ScanSnap for either platform with equal ease, making the scanner even more portable and versatile. In-box software includes:
- ScanSnap Organizer 4.1 (PC): Offers PC users a convenient way to store, manage and view PDF and JPEG files as well as perform post-scan editing, keyword entry and searchable PDF conversion.
- CardMinder 4.1 (PC): Provides PC users a fast way to capture both sides of a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel, Act! and other contact management software.
- Scan to Functions (PC): Offers PC users an easy way to scan to a folder, attach scans to an email, send scans to a printer, or scan to Microsoft SharePoint for ad-hoc efficiency.
- ScanSnap Manager (Mac and PC): Provides Mac and PC users one button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features and custom scan settings (profiles) for simple operation with sophisticated results.
- Scan to Functions (Mac): Offers Mac users a flexible way to manage their PDF, searchable PDF and JPEG files. Users can save content to a folder, a network folder, iPhoto, and even directly to their iDisk account.
- Cardiris 3.6 (Mac): Provides Mac users a convenient way to scan their business cards and export the contact information directly to Address Book or Entourage.
Additional ScanSnap S1300 features that continue to deliver on the ScanSnap legacy of intelligence, quality and ease-of-use include:
- Scanning speeds of up to 8 double-sided color pages per minute (ppm)
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) holding up to 10 pages (letter size)
- One button searchable PDF: Converts scanned data into searchable PDF files that let users quickly and easily find the documents they have scanned
- Scan to Email, Scan to Folder & Scan to Print functions
- Automatic paper size detection: From 2x2 inches to Legal
- Automatic de-skew & orientation
- Automatic blank page detection & deletion
- Small footprint (compact and 3.1 lbs)
- Can be powered by USB (USB cables and AC power adaptor included)
- ENERGY STAR® and Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
"Customers who travel regularly for business or share devices between work and home computers need a mobile scanning experience that offers them easy operation, quality image processing and platform flexibility," continued Sidejas. "With new productivity features, dual PC/Mac functionality and multi-page performance, the new ScanSnap S1300 underscores Fujitsu's commitment to building cutting edge products based on what our users need."
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 is available now for $295 (U.S. list) through Fujitsu authorized resellers, mail order catalogs and the Fujitsu website located at http://www.buyfcpa.com.
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange™ service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. The Advance Exchange offering is available for $99 covering 12 months.
For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.
Macworld 2010 Showcase
Fujitsu will showcase the ScanSnap S1300 at Macworld 2010 in San Francisco at Moscone Center on February 11-13. Booth number is 853.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300, visit:
ScanSnap S1300 Product Page:
Follow @ScanSnapIT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScanSnapIT
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. We provide cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2010 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.