T.G.I. FRIDAY'S® RESTAURANTS ANNOUNCE HALF-PRICE APPETIZERS
November 9, 2009, Carrollton, Texas /PRNewswire/ — T.G.I. Friday's announced it will feature eight half-price appetizers in the bar after 4 p.m. at nearly 600 participating restaurants in the U.S. beginning today through December 23 (appetizers images available upon request – email firstname.lastname@example.org). The half-price appetizers, normally priced between $6 and $11, include:
- Sesame Jack® Chicken Strips – golden brown chicken breast strips coated with crispy Japanese panko breadcrumbs with the extra crunch of toasted sesame seeds and tossed in Friday's famous Jack Daniel's® glaze.
- Tuscan Spinach Dip – rich, tangy Parmigiano and Romano cheeses with spinach artichoke hearts and sautéed onions and bell peppers, served hot with Friday's red and white corn tortilla chips.
- Fried Mozzarella – hot and gooey Mozzarella on the inside, crisp and golden outside and served with marinara sauce.
- Pot Stickers – Chinese pork dumplings steamed then pan seared and served with Szechwan dipping sauce.
- Crispy Green Bean Fries – snappy green beans breaded and deep-fried to a golden brown crust and served with Cucumber-Wasabi Ranch dip – cool, creamy and just a touch spicy.
- Loaded Potato Skins – Friday's signature potato skins loaded with Cheddar cheese and crisp bacon, served with sour cream and green onions.
- Friday's Tostada Nachos – crisp tortillas topped with bacon-infused refried beans, spicy nacho meat and cheese, served with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and topped with jalapenos.
- Buffalo Wings – chicken wings, boneless or traditional style, in the following six flavors: Jack™ Championship BBQ, Garlic Parmesan, Classic Buffalo, Roasted Green Chile, Spicy Thai or Inferno, all served with celery and Bleu Cheese or Ranch.
"You can start your holiday season early at the bar at your local Friday's with our half-price appetizers," said Andrew Jordan, senior vice president of marketing for T.G.I. Friday's. "From our wings, which are now available in six incredible flavors ranging from wild to mild, to our signature Loaded Potato Skins and Crispy Green Bean Fries, T.G.I. Friday's will offer our guests value and a variety of flavors at our bars coast to coast every day."
# # #
With more than 900 restaurants in 60 countries, including approximately 600 restaurants in the U.S., T.G.I. Friday's offers great food, innovative drinks and a unique experience filled with flair and a Thank God It's Friday's™ attitude. Friday's authentic, engaging atmosphere makes it the perfect place to escape, socialize and connect with people while getting a rejuvenating second wind. Members of Give Me More Sripes®, Friday's guest recognition program, receive free stuff and special perks year-round. As the original casual dining restaurant, T.G.I. Friday's has a rich heritage which includes being credited with popularizing Happy Hour, Long Island Iced Tea and Loaded Potato Skins. T.G.I. Friday's is also famous for its flair bartenders, approximately 8000 of whom compete annually for the title of the "World's Greatest T.G.I. Friday's Bartender."
Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc., the parent company of TGI Friday's Inc., is a privately held company owned by Minneapolis-based Carlson, a world leader in the hospitality and travel industries. As of November 2009, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide owns, operates, franchises or licenses more than 1,000 restaurants in 60 countries. For more information, visit http://www.fridays.com.