T.G.I. FRIDAY'S® RESTAURANTS ANNOUNCES FINAL PLANS FOR 'WORLD'S LARGEST INAUGURATION PARTY'
Friday's® Set to Party with 'Toast Heard 'Round the World,' Buttons & Half-Price Appetizers for All Guests and Free Food for 'Give Me More Stripes™' Members
January 8, 2009 Carrollton, Texas— T.G.I. Friday's restaurants (www.fridays.com) today announced final plans for the "World's Largest Inauguration Party" which it will host at more than 920 restaurants in 62 countries around the world all day on Tuesday, January 20.
Party Link: www.tgifridays.com/inauguration/party2008.aspx
"We look for any excuse to have a great time, and the inauguration was the perfect way to get a party going on a Tuesday," said Andrew Jordan, senior vice president of marketing for T.G.I. Friday's USA. "Like we say, 'In Here It's Always Friday'!"
At 9 p.m. local time, the famous T.G.I. Friday's bartenders will lead guests in a "Toast Heard 'Round the World," which will honor the to-be-named All-American Drink.
- All guests will enjoy special drink prices at participating restaurants. "In other words, in those restaurants where we can legally do it," said Jordan.
- All guests in the USA will be treated to half-price appetizers with the purchase of an entree during the month of January. Now that's cool!
- All guests at the party will receive a commemorative Friday's-style button to show that they were at the World's Largest Inauguration Party.
In addition, Friday's will roll out the red and white carpet and shower a little extra love on the 600,000 members of its "Give Me More Stripes" guest recognition program (www.givememorestripes.com).
"The 'World's Largest Inauguration Party' is for everybody," continued Jordan. "But our best guests will get VIP treatment during the party as they do all year round,"
- Give Me More Stripes members will be treated to a free Inaugural appetizer of red and white chips served with traditional salsa and Chipotle ranch dip.
- Give Me More Stripes members will determine the All-American Drink by online voting through January 9 (the winner will be announced on January 13).
- Give Me More Stripes members will receive double stripes during the party.
"Nobody will throw an Inauguration party like T.G.I. Friday's," added Jordan.
About Give Me More Stripes
The only nationwide in-restaurant program of its kind with over 600,000 members in the US, Give Me More Stripes offers the following perks at participating restaurants:
- Personalized & customized membership card
- Free appetizer or dessert upon sign-up (up to $8 value)
- One-time use jump-the-line-pass
- $8 certificate for every $100 spent (excluding alcohol-only purchases)
- Exclusive communication about specials and food/drink previews
About Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc.
Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc., the parent company of TGI Friday's Inc., is a privately held company owned by Minneapolis-based Carlson, a world leader in the hospitality, travel and marketing industries. As of January 2009, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide owns, operates, franchises or licenses more than 1,000 restaurants in 62 countries. For more information, visit www.fridays.com.