FOOD NETWORK LAUNCHES IN THE KITCHEN APP ON APP STORE
45,000 recipes from Food Network chefs now available anytime, anywhere on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
NEW YORK — November 4, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Food Network, a leader in food and lifestyle entertainment, today announced its In The Kitchen App is available on the App Store. For the first time, food enthusiasts can access Food Network recipes, along with essential utility-based kitchen tools, anytime and anywhere using iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Designed to run seamlessly across all iOS devices the app recognizes the device it's being downloaded to and launches the appropriate version.
“The In The Kitchen App is the next step in expanding our role as a central resource for expert-tested recipes from America’s favorite chefs,” said Bob Madden, senior vice president and general manager, FoodNetwork.com. “The app provides an on-the-go way for consumers to find Food Network recipes whenever and wherever they need them. This is one of many new digital products that we’ll be rolling out to entertain and delight our Food Network fans.”
Features of the In The Kitchen App include:
- 45,000 recipes from America’s favorite Food Network chefs: each recipe comes complete with photos and step-by-step instructions. Seasonal menus will be updated monthly and Thanksgiving recipes will be featured at launch.
- Recipe box for saving favorites: users with a FoodNetwork.com account can access and browse their online recipe box with the ability to add new recipes directly from the app.
- Shopping list with sharing functionality: users are able to add ingredients from the recipes to a shopping list that they can share with friends via email, Facebook and Twitter. Shopping lists are available in offline mode too.
- In-app timers: users can set timers as they work on the recipe without ever leaving the app. Additionally, timers are available in offline mode as well.
- Unit converter to assist with accurate measurement: for cooks that need to convert measurements, they can do so with just a swipe of the finger.
The In The Kitchen App joins Food Network Nighttime as the second app available from the Food Network and features short form video, show recaps and programming schedules.
The In The Kitchen App is available for $1.99 from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
For more information, please visit www.foodnetwork.com/mobile.
For additional information or photos, contact Mary Ann Porch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.638.7636.
Food Network (www.foodnetwork.com) is a unique lifestyle network, website and magazine that connects viewers to the power and joy of food. The network strives to be viewers’ best friend in food and is committed to leading by teaching, inspiring and empowering through its talent and expertise. Food Network is distributed to more than 99 million U.S. households and averages more than 9.9 million unique web users monthly. Since launching in 2009, Food Network Magazine has tripled its rate base and delivers a circulation of 1.25 million. Headquartered in New York, Food Network has a growing international presence with programming in more than 150 countries, including 24 hour networks in Great Britain, India, Asia and Africa. Scripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI), which also owns and operates HGTV (www.hgtv.com), DIY Network (www.diynetwork.com), Great American Country (www.gactv.com) and Cooking Channel (www.cookingchanneltv.com), is the manager and general partner.