E*TRADE UNVEILS SUPER BOWL® XLV ADVERTISEMENTS
The Talking Baby Returns to Show How E*TRADE Empowers Investors with the Tools and Services Needed to Take Control
NEW YORK — Feb. 6 /PRNewswire/ — E*TRADE Financial Corp. (Nasdaq: ETFC) today announced that E*TRADE Securities LLC has unveiled two new 30-second “Talking Baby” advertisements scheduled to debut during the FOX television network broadcast of Super Bowl® XLV:
- “Tailor” — scheduled to run during the third quarter — will feature the E*TRADE Baby and his tailor discussing how E*TRADE provides investors the tools, education and support needed to build a solid portfolio for retirement.
- “Cat” — scheduled to run immediately following the game — will feature a new feline character interrupting Baby while he illustrates how E*TRADE’s products, strategies, screeners, and 24/7 customer support can help investors navigate tough market conditions.
“E*TRADE’s 2011 Super Bowl advertisements are a key component of our integrated campaign designed to capture America’s imagination while demonstrating how E*TRADE empowers investors with the tools, technology, education and service they need to take control of their financial futures,” said Nicholas A. Utton, Chief Marketing Officer, E*TRADE Financial Corp. “But it doesn’t stop with the thirty-second spots. America is more digitally and socially engaged than ever before, and our campaign capitalizes on that behavior to fully maximize the value our brand gets from advertising during the Big Game.”
The new Super Bowl spots are part of E*TRADE’s 2011 “Investing Unleashed” advertising and marketing campaign developed by agency of record, Grey New York. “Investing Unleashed” speaks to the real concerns of investors today: planning for retirement, market uncertainty, diversification, and access to first class products, service and education. The campaign spans traditional, online and social media channels, and features:
- Product-focused print, TV and online ads that tout the value, support and tools E*TRADE offers to investors
- “Outtakes” reel of commercial footage left on the cutting room floor
- Promotional vignettes including one that will run in the FOX Super Bowl pre-game show
- BabyMail 2011 Big Game Edition, an application that enables consumers to create and send personalized, football-themed electronic talking baby messages to friends or post to social media sites
- Online advertising integration with key sites including CNNMoney.com and WSJ.com®, MSN.com, Yahoo!®, Google®, YouTube®, Facebook® and Twitter®
- A social media campaign offering interaction with Baby via Facebook®, Twitter® and YouTube®
“Super Bowl” is a registered trademark of the NFL and is used here for factual purposes only.
NFL is a registered trademark of The National Football League.
E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corp. and its affiliates are not affiliated with the Super Bowl or the National Football League.
YouTube is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
WSJ.com is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Google is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Yahoo! Is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
E*TRADE FINANCIAL, E*TRADE and the E*TRADE logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporation.
You must be 18 years of age to open an E*TRADE Securities account.
About E*TRADE FINANCIAL
The E*TRADE FINANCIAL family of companies provides financial services including online brokerage and related banking products and services to retail investors. Specific business segments include Trading and Investing and Balance Sheet Management. Securities products and services are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC (Member FINRA/SIPC). Bank products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, a Federal savings bank, Member FDIC, or its subsidiaries.
© 2011 E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporation. All rights reserved.