BROTHER® INTRODUCES THE SMARTER CHOICE FOR TODAY'S HOME OFFICE WITH NEW, COMPACT LINE OF INKJET ALL-IN-ONES
Brother's Easy-to-Use MFC-790 All-in-One Meets Home Office Needs With Fast Printing, Copying, Scanning and Faxing and a TouchScreen for $179.99#
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (October 7, 2008) /PRNewswire/ — Brother International Corporation today introduced its next generation, color inkjet line to provide home office and small office professionals with a robust all-in-one machine. Each model in the line is outfitted with the essential tools for reliable printing, copying, scanning and faxing, and the MFC-790CW includes an easy-to-navigate TouchScreen and wireless networking. With this new all-in-one line, Brother continues its leadership in understanding the needs of today's home offices and small offices by providing an abundance of features in one small footprint.
Available as of October 2008 and retailing for approximately $179.99#, the MFC-790CW is the line's flagship model. The user-friendly unit offers a plethora of features important to every office environment, such as:
- 802.11 b/g wireless networking for easy connection to multiple PCs via a wireless or wired connection
- 4.2 inch TouchScreen for easy menu navigation
- Direct photo printing on demand from media slots and PictBridge interface
- Photo enhancement and editing features on-screen
- Up to 15 page automatic document feeder
- User-friendly front loading cartridges
- Convenient telephone handset
- Separate color ink cartridges for efficient replacement
The MFC-790CW also boasts a sleek and stylish design, with rounded curves, a glossy piano black finish, enhanced control panel design, and blue back-lit lights.
"Brother is dedicated to developing technology that is not only innovative but also is easy-to-operate and user-friendly," explains Brother's Senior Marketing Manager Marie Le. "From its compact design to the most necessary all-in-one features, the MFC-790CW was developed to make home office users' lives easier at an affordable price."
The MFC-790CW covers the essential needs for today's home office and small office, whether the user wants to print brilliant color photos or is on deadline to print and copy business documents. The machine also offers a built-in answering machine and telephone to streamline the office.
Brother's all-in-one line includes the following models:
- MFC-290C ($99.99#): up to 30 ppm color and 25 ppm black printing speed, built-in fax function, automatic document feeder, media card slots, PictBridge/ USB direct interface
- MFC-490CW ($129.99#): all the features of the MFC-290C, plus up to 33 ppm color and 27 ppm black printing speed, a widescreen 3.3 inch color LCD display, built-in wireless and Ethernet networking and photo bypass tray
- MFC-790CW ($179.99#): all the features of the MFC-490C, plus a TouchScreen 4.2 inch color LCD display, built-in answering machine and telephone
All models are currently shipping.
Each all-in-one comes with Brother's One-Year Express Exchange limited warranty. The entire line will be available for purchase at national office superstores as well as other retailers, dealers and online resellers.
# Estimated street price may vary
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan. These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the Web site at www.brother.com.